Joint Career Development Workshop and Monthly Program
Monthly Program: “Healthcare Construction”
Construction project management in healthcare requires the knowledge and application of a complex set of requirements. When patients and their families seek care, they trust that their healthcare facility will provide a safe, healing environment. The project team’s capability to provide a space that meets all requirements, both clinical and regulatory, are important to ensure patient safety and well-being. This presentation will highlight the attributes of effective planning and importance of project management within healthcare.
1) review importance of project planning with respect to patient care and safety
2) discuss one of the methods to collect requirements and the role of the project team to drive efficiency and reduce costs
PDU 10 Digit Claim Code: C002GRZ0UN
Career Development Workshop: “The Robots Are Coming!”
As PMI-CIC Career Coaches Carla Taylor and Robby Smith continue the Future of Work Series, they will be talking about how Trend #3 – AI and Robotics – is affecting how project managers will be working in the future. Make sure the skills and competencies you are growing are those that will be needed as work shifts in the future. This is an important session to make sure you stay relevant and can provide the much needed higher level skills that will be in high demand.
PDU 10 Digit Claim Code: C0028ZUF6I
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm: Career Development Workshop
- 6:30pm: Doors Open and Check-in for Main Program
- 6:30pm: Networking, Food Served
- 7:00pm: Speaker Begins
- 8:15pm: Speaker Ends, Post-Program Networking
- 8:30pm: Program Ends
- 8:30pm: Volunteer Task Force (VTF) Meeting (for those interested in volunteering)
- Career Development Workshop: FREE
- Pre-registered PMICIC Members: $10.00 (Enter your PMI Number in the Promotional Code field to Apply Discount)
- Pre-registered Non-PMICIC Members: $20.00
- All Unregistered Walk-ins: $30.00 (cash, check, credit card)
TICKET PROMOTION: Member and non-members may purchase an 2019 Annual Admission Pass that provides access to all 2019 PMICIC Monthly Programs for a one time cost of $50.00 for members and $100 for non-members.
Career Development Workshop = 1 PDU
Main Program = 2 PDUs
VTF Meeting = 1 PDU
About PMICIC Career Development Workshops
The Career Development Workshop takes place one hour prior to our Main Monthly Program. This career development workshop “Future of Work” series is designed for anyone interested in beginning, advancing, or transitioning their career in project management. Bring your resume, questions, business cards, and something to take notes on.
About PMICIC Monthly Programs
PMICIC has regular monthly programs on the 3rd Wednesday of each month with the exception of November and December that are on different days. Each program revolves around a central topic integral to successful project management. Topics include both Agile and traditional project management and address at least one of the three domains that make up the PMI Talent Triangle: Technical, Leadership, and Strategic & Business Management. Topics will be posted once we confirm the speaker.
In addition to the presentation, attendees enjoy the opportunity to interact with and network with all levels of Project Professionals from across Indy.
Monthly Programs are open to both PMICIC members and non-members.
CALL FOR SPEAKERS:
If you or someone you know is interested in speaking, apply here.