Career Development Workshop – “FUTURE OF WORK SERIES”
Where are you in the digital economy?
Impact 2. Gig Economy
Robby and Carla continue the Future of Work Series and the second of four major project management impacts, Gig Economy. They dive deeper into how Project Managers have a wide variety of choices to find contract gigs in public, private and nonprofit sectors. Contract jobs and freelancing are the big growth in jobs; it’s a gig economy! Are you prepared?
Main Program – “Switching from Waterfall to Agile? How to Implement Best Agile Practices Without Losing Your Head”
Have your organization been thinking about switching from Waterfall to Agile but don’t know where to start?
Maybe your organization jumped right in the Agile and now you need a bit of help from experienced PM who been there several times?
Please join us for a collaborative and educational session on how to implement Best Agile project practices to move from predictive (waterfall) to adaptive (Agile) without losing your head.
What you will gain:
- Quick overview of waterfall (to establish common knowledge baseline)
- Longer overview of Agile methodology based on Scrum processes
- Common pitfalls, early wins, and 10’s of learning lessons
- Collaborated Q&A session with all attendees
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm: Career Development Workshop
- 6:30pm: Doors Open and Check-in for Main Program
- 6:30pm: Networking, Food
- 7:00pm: Speaker Begins
- 8:15pm: Speaker Ends, Post-Program Networking
- 8:30pm: Program Ends
- 8:30pm: Volunteer Task Force (VTF) Meeting (for those interested in volunteering)
- Career Development Workshop: FREE
- Pre-registered PMICIC Members: $10.00 (Enter your PMI Number in the Promotional Code field to Apply Discount)
- Pre-registered Non-PMICIC Members: $20.00
- All Unregistered Walk-ins: $30.00 (cash, check, credit card)
TICKET PROMOTION: Member and non-members may purchase an 2019 Annual Admission Pass that provides access to all 2019 PMICIC Monthly Programs for a one time cost of $50.00 for members and $100 for non-members.
Career Development Workshop = 1 PDU
Main Program = 2 PDUs
VTF Meeting = 1 PDU
About PMICIC Career Development Workshops
The Career Development Workshop takes place one hour prior to our Main Monthly Program. This career development workshop “Future of Work” series is designed for anyone interested in beginning, advancing, or transitioning their career in project management. Bring your resume, questions, business cards, and something to take notes on.
About PMICIC Monthly Programs
PMICIC has regular monthly programs on the 3rd Wednesday of each month with the exception of November and December that are on different days. Each program revolves around a central topic integral to successful project management. Topics include both Agile and traditional project management and address at least one of the three domains that make up the PMI Talent Triangle: Technical, Leadership, and Strategic & Business Management. Topics will be posted once we confirm the speaker.
In addition to the presentation, attendees enjoy the opportunity to interact with and network with all levels of Project Professionals from across Indy.
Monthly Programs are open to both PMICIC members and non-members.
CALL FOR SPEAKERS:
If you or someone you know is interested in speaking, apply here.