Welcome to 2017!
As the new President of the Chapter, I am glad to have the chance to serve our wonderful Project Management Institute Central Indiana Chapter. I look forward to offering quality programs, professional development day, certification classes, networking opportunities, and value added benefits to the membership and to the project management community of Central Indiana. One of my goals is to establish transparent communication and share status updates with the membership regarding the Board’s programs, projects, and activities.
In our first Board meeting, in January, the Board of Directors formulated the 2017 Chapter strategy to include the following (not ranked based on priority)
- Provide good governance
- Improve financial stability of the Chapter
- Offer value-added programs to Membership
- Improve membership communication
- Membership growth and satisfaction
Accomplishment in first 90 days in Office
We also developed targets for the first 90 days of the Board’s term. Below, I am happy to share our accomplishments during our first 90 days in office.
- Secured 2017 Professional Development Day Venue – 502 East Event Center, Carmel IN (Expected attendees: 600)
- Locked two keynote speakers for 2017 PDD
- Developed and approved 2017 PDD Project Charter
- Began Livestream of Chapter monthly dinner programs
- Filed 2016 tax return well before deadline
- Renewed Chapter Charter well before deadline
- Developed or revised Chapter policies, including: Financial Policy, and Leadership Policy
Over the next 90 days, the Board of Directors will continue to build on the progress we’ve made, including:
- Continue planning for 2017 PDD
- Acquiring session speakers for 2017 PDD
- Aligning speakers for monthly dinner programs
- Planning for PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-PBA, and other certification classes
- Begin holding networking mixer events at various locations in our service area
- Planning Chapter Military Veterans Program
- Motions & Voting Policy, Communications & Response Policy
In summary, we will have a busy year and we could not do it without our priceless volunteers. We thank them all in advance.
Please join me in welcoming the following Board members for 2017:
- Chris Hanks, Executive Vice President
- Mike Fisher, Vice President Communications & Marketing
- Tolitha Lewis, Vice President Membership
- TBD, Vice President Professional Development
- Carla Uycoque, Vice President Finance
On behalf of the Board of Directors and Operations Team Volunteers, I would like to thank you for your trust and support.
We are one hundred percent committed to our membership and to making this a very successful year for the Chapter.
Remember: We are here to serve you!