Agile: What Do I Need to Know?
Everybody has heard about agile. What is it really? How does it work? What is the role of the Project Manager? Join us Wednesday, June 20 as we discuss how to successfully apply agile concepts to the work you're already doing today.
Agile has exploded in popularity in recent years. Many companies are experimenting with various agile approaches. There is even an Agile Practice Guide in the PMBOK Guide 6th Edition. But, agile is more than a new way to develop software. It is a mindset. It is a new way of executing that matches the pace of change in today's business environment.
In this session, we'll cover the history of agile, the different agile frameworks and the agile mindset. We'll also do a deep-dive into Scrum - the most popular agile framework.
This session is more than just a presentation, expect to be engaged and walk away with:an understanding of the Agile Manifesto
- an understanding of the Agile Manifesto
- an understanding of when to use waterfall vs. agile
- an overview of the various agile frameworks including Scrum, Kanban, SaFE, LeSS and XP
- a detailed review of Scrum, including:
- ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective
- roles, including Product Owner, Scrum Master and the Development Team
- product backlog, estimating, grooming, sprint length
- common tools and metrics
- clarity about PMI and agile, including:
- PMI-ACP certification
- PMBOK Guide 6th Edition and the Agile Practice Guide
- opportunities for immediately applying agile concepts
- resources for further study
Can't be there in person? This program is being Livestreamed!
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
5:30pm: Career Development Workshop, This requires a separate registration
6:30pm: Doors open, registration
6:30pm: Networking, Light Dinner
7:00pm: Speaker begins
8:00pm: Post-Event Networking
8:30pm: Program ends
12175 Visionary Way
Fishers, IN 46038
Online registration closes Monday 6/18 11:59PM.
Seats are limited for this event
Pre-registered PMICIC Members: $00.00
Pre-registered First Time Guests (Non-PMICIC Member): $00.00
Pre-registered Non-PMICIC Members: $20.00
All Unregistered Walk-ins: $30.00 (cash, check, credit card)
Pre-registered Students w/ valid school ID: $00.00
Patrick Bogan started out writing COBOL and soon became proficient at creating 100-page requirement documents and beautiful project plans. Patrick founded Performance Consulting Services in 1993 to drive critical, high-visibility initiatives for clients throughout North America. He achieved his PMI-PMP certification in 2003. While CIO at Fuzion Analytics, he needed to deliver value faster in a complex environment and discovered agile. He has since been part of two agile transformations and now seeks agility beyond just IT. Patrick is a frequent speaker on business agility and leadership.
PMICIC Monthly Programs are the third Wednesday of every month.