What is PMI?
Project Management Institute (PMI) is one of the world’s largest professional membership associations, with half a million members and credential holders in more than 185 countries. It is a not-for-profit organization that advances the project management profession through globally recognized standards and certifications, collaborative communities, an extensive research program, and professional development opportunities. Most of PMI’s activity takes place in regional chapters. These chapters, open to PMI members and led by volunteers, support the knowledge sharing and professional networking that are central to our mission.
PMI offers several professional certifications for project managers.
- PMI: pmi.org and https://www.pmi.org/about
- PDU Reporting: pmi.org/Certification/Maintain-Your-Credential.aspx
- PMI Certifications: https://www.pmi.org/certifications
Join PMI Central Indiana Chapter
If you’re a PMI member who would like to connect locally with others in your profession, then becoming a member of the PMI Central Indiana Chapter will create more opportunities for you to learn from peers, share what you know and increase your local network.
The local chapter is the heart of your PMI membership. Here you can connect with others locally to achieve great strides in your career and in your industry. Share solutions and ideas while enjoying professional development and networking events.
To be eligible for member discounts on events, to receive Central Indiana Chapter publications, and to be eligible to vote for our Board Officers, become a member today!
To Join PMICIC
New members are required to be a member of PMI; you can join both at the same time (PMI global organization and PMI Central Indiana Chapter). Go to Memberships. When joining the global organization, you will be given an opportunity to also join a chapter. Use the “chapter listings” link to find the Central Indiana Chapter.
If you are already a member of PMI, but not yet a member of the Central Indiana Chapter, you can add chapter membership to your profile by following these steps:
- Go to PMI.org (the global PMI website) and log in
- Go to the myPMI dashboard and follow the steps to find and join a chapter.
- Use the “Chapter Listings” link to find the Central Indiana Chapter
Renewing Your PMICIC Membership
Your PMI and chapter membership expiration dates will be the same regardless of when you add a chapter(s). Therefore, if you only have four months left of your PMI membership, your chapter membership will expire in four months as well regardless of when you join the chapter. Make sure to take advantage of the auto-renewal option through PMI, so you don’t lose access to your chapter benefits.
Activities and Events
- Monthly Program Meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month. Programs will be virtual until further notice and are free to all attendees.
- Volunteer Opportunities are always available. Please contact the Director Volunteers for more information.
Further questions about PMICIC?